January 17, 2012

Oreo Cheesecake Cupcakes


One of my favorite ice cream flavors in the world is cookies ‘n cream. Sweet cream + oreos? Winning combination in my book. It was always the one flavor I didn’t mind mixing when I worked at the ice cream store. So when I saw that the Martha had created a cupcake that not only added cheesecake to the mix, but also made creating the crust easier, I was sold on the concept.

These are awesome. Sweet, tangy, and full of Oreos. Winning combination! Also kosher. Anyone else remember the celebrations that went on when Oreos got certified as kosher? I’m fairly sure my best friend at the time was close to tears she was so happy. Thus is the power of Oreos.

Seriously, it’s the holiday season and that means there’s no way your going to be sticking to your good intentions anyway. So make this and bring tears of joy to your face (and maybe your friends’ if your in the holiday spirit). They’re that good.







Oreo Cheesecakes

My cupcakes cracked a bit while baking, but resting them in the refrigerator helped minimize the look of them. I found that spooning the batter in with a tablespoon immensely helpful. Each cupcake received about 2 tablespoons to fill them completely to the top, which meant it was about three-quarters full after refrigeration.

12 Oreo cookies, 8 whole and 4 coarsely chopped
1 8-ounce package cream cheese
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large egg, room temperature and lightly beaten
1/4 cup sour cream
Pinch of salt

Equipment:
Muffin tin, cupcake liners, hand-mixer

Preheat oven to 275° F.  Line standard muffin tins with paper liners.  Place 1 whole Oreo cookie in the bottom of each lined muffin cup.

Beat cream cheese on medium-high speed until smooth, scraping down sides of the bowl as needed.  Gradually add the sugar, and beat until combined.  Beat in the vanilla.

Drizzle in egg a little at a time, beating to combine and scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Add in sour cream and salt, beat to combine.  Using a large spatula, fold in the chopped Oreo cookies.

Divide batter evenly among the cookie-filled muffin cups, fill each cup almost to the top. 

Bake, rotating muffin tins halfway through, until the filling is set, about 22 to 28 minutes.

Transfer the muffins tins to a wire rack to cool completely.  Refrigerate (in the muffin tins) at least 4 hours (or overnight). Remove from tins just before serving.

Makes 8

Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. Darn you, I want these RIGHT NOW. Put these on the list of things I want you to make when I visit.

    ReplyDelete