September 24, 2012

Spicy Salmon Burgers



I don’t really like reheated fish. For some reason, that’s where the dreaded “fishy” smell hits me and suddenly what was delicious the night before is inedible. Which leads me to the point that I tend to only buy enough fish to for a single meal – pretty much the antithesis of the rest of my grocery strategy.

So I’m always on the lookout for seafood recipes that are a) single meal, b) not too complicated, and c) don’t require a ton of work or ingredients. I mean, why go to all that trouble if you’re only going to eat it once?

So I like this recipe because if I’m really hungry I can simply eat both burgers. And if I’m not, I can freeze the extra. Win, win!

Spicy Salmon Burgers

This is another fish recipe that freezes nicely. Simply wrap individual burgers in plastic wrap and freeze. De-thaw burgers before grilling and follow the written instructions!

Ingredients

Burgers
2/3 pounds fresh salmon filet, skinned and roughly chopped into 1-inch pieces
2 tablespoons Cilantro, chopped
1/2 tablespoons jalapeno, seeded and chopped
1 teaspoon lime juice
Pinch salt

Spicy Mayo
1/4 cup light mayo
2 teaspoons sriracha
Dash lime juice (if you have any left over from the burgers)

Equipment
Food processor

Instructions

Burgers: Throw everything into the food processor and mix until combined. Form into 2-3 (depends on how much skin you had to remove from the salmon) patties. Chill on a plate for 30 minutes, then cook on grill pan/George Foreman/a real grill/or in a pan with a dash of olive for about 5-7 minutes per side or until cooked through.

Spicy Mayo: While the burgers are cooking, make the mayo. Add the sriracha and lime juice (if using) to the mayo just before serving. Spread on hamburger buns or directly on to the salmon burger. Enjoy!

Makes 2-3 burgers.
                                    
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment